Thursday, October 4, 2012

Going Fearless: Is it for you?


I've been thinking a lot lately about the F.E. blog, about fight night and about the dreams and plans God has put on my mind and embedded in my guts. When I think about it all, sometimes I'm exciting and honestly sometimes I wonder if any of it really matters. I know it does down deep but sometimes it just feels like one more thing to sell, and I'm sick of selling. That's when I realize though that I've moved from having the mind of Christ to the mind of Lindsay... I've taken the control back... I've started scheming about how to make things happen my way and in my time and it's depressing because it feels huge and overwhelming and impossible.

Yesterday I felt like someone had sucker punched me in the throat. I felt defeated about everything... EVERYTHING.  I'm on my period, I'm flippen sick, my kids were going nuts and I was pretty sure the brown stripe on the sheets next to me wasn't chocolate (a parting gift from one of my monkeys... fun times) annnnnnd that's when I knew I had to choose to laugh and pull back from the situation or I would've had to drink an entire bottle of wine in the fetal position in the corner of my room to recover.

The enemy often tries to get the heaviness of "right now" to cloud our eternal perspectives. But if we continue focus on ourselves and our needs... our entitlements and how we feel... WE will stay stuck. Fear can disguise it's self and the great accuser will use it to twist and distort reality. The enemy will take an atom sized portion of insecurity, anger, or selfishness and blow it up until it feels heavy and threatens to collapse us under it's enormous weight.

Fear is the root of so many things... fear keeps us from growing, it keeps us from moving forward and it keeps us from weeding out the lies that hold us back... because sometimes we don't want to see them.

Going fearless is the very first step we have to take in being truly transformed... it's the first step in smashing the enemy's pull in our lives, it's the first step in showing God we actually believe He can do mighty things in our lives and we're willing to prove it with life instead of just sining about it on Sundays.

Going fearless means everything, because it is everything. It's freedom and adventure and love and joy and everything life should be. Fearless means not being threatened by another's success and pushing others toward greatness while searching for call and giftings IN HIM. Being fearless is not being afraid to risk it all because He tells us He has our backs. The best thing about going fearless though?? ANYONE CAN DO IT!  I want to scream:

I am ordinary... HEAR ME ROAR! 

Because I am ordinary ANNND I am choosing to go fearless because of Him. Anyone who believes in Christ and His promises can live a life that means something, that's significant, that can change the world and the course of history. My wonder boys can be fearless... no matter what challenges autism and the social ramifications living with a neurological disorder brings... they can still claim victory in Christ and live bold fearless lives... and they do, it's kind of beautiful actually.


Fearless is a battle cry for young and old, rich and poor, man or woman... Living fearless is for you. He's asking you to try it... He's asking you to live it... are you ready??? It's scary I won't lie... you'll have to leave the rules and boxes that make you feel safe... God doesn't live in a box or a building or a set of check lists to follow... and He's calling us to follow... can you leave it all behind for him?? It won't be easy... but you won't be alone.

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children.Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering. Romans 8:15-17


Ready for freedom? If you're in Southern Oregon come check out FIGHT NIGHT! We meet the second Monday of every month to fight for our families, and for the revival Christ is stirring in our guts!Women are scary! I get that... it can be intimidating to walk in expecting to feel judged but seriously this is a great group of women and we all check our crap at the door! No judging, no false fronts, just realness, grace and love (don't worry I'm not going to break out in a song of Kumbaiya :)

Next FIGHT NIGHT: Oct 8, 7-9 at Havana Republic Downtwon Medford.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...