Sunday, March 4, 2012

Going Fearless...


Photo by Maria Alexandra Photography
I've made a tough decision... one that will forever change how I live, love and grow. I AM GOING FEARLESS ... and this is my experiment. I am going to blog through this journey toward letting go of all of the things that hold me back from living a life of relentless faith... through believing God's grace offers more than just salvation and forgiveness. Knowing that true power and wisdom and insight lie into HOW he wants all to live. My journey is sparked by so many things in the last few months... women being brave enough to speak hard words into my life, God blessing us with the most abundant symbol of his grace (our Extreme Makeover Home) and reading an inspiring book that has forever changed me (RELENTLESS... go read it NOW...seriously!)

Everyday I will ask God to reveal something fearless he wants me to do... everyday I will ask God in faith to give me the power in his almighty grace to do what I can't in my own strength and to break though the limits of what I ever thought possible for my own life. While this is my journey, it's not all about me. It's really about you... about all of us and what life can be if we truly want to seek and follow God's call on our lives. Not when we "have it all together", not when we get "that" job or our kids are out of diapers... not once the kids are graduated or we pay off our debt... BUT what we can accomplish right here, right now, with the gifts HE has freely given us. What would it look like if Christ's Church lived beyond survival, beyond spiritual; consumerism, beyond making it through each day, week and month... and truly lived free from fear and bondage... set apart in His Grace... for His Glory.

I can't wait to introduce you to other women on the same journey who have committed to share how God is doing similar things in their lives... this is a fluff free zone. There will be no flowery feel goods, there will be no easy way outs... BUT what comes with living free and fearless is a sort of excitement and fulfillment I've only just gotten a glimpse of... and I want more... join me, let's start something new together!

Let The Experiment Begin!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful that you are sharing your journey, it's powerful, as is the love that drives you. You are a treasure and knowing you has made my life BETTER. <3 Rock on, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I just bought the book on Audible and am listening right now. Relentless is such an amazing word. ("persistant, unyielding, adamant, tenacious, unstoppable, constant, steadfast, valiant, courageous, in it to the finish") :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm not a woman. However I know quite a few and even have one as a mother and am married to one. That said, I'm okay to be a part of this fearless experiment too I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait! I see that CJ is here too. whew! Now I feel more comfortable. Thanks CJ! Many blessings to all us guys that believe passionately in supporting the relentless women in our lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the word "fearless"!!! It has such power!! Thank you for bringing us on this journey....and for exhorting me to do the same. God is forevering changing my life, one day at a time. Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So proud of you and so excited to experience your journey!! Go get em!! :)...Gena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Doing it afraid (not fearless) is my M.O. for sure.But doing things in the Fear of the Lord is the introduction to the abundant life Jesus spoke of...Can't wait to link arms w/you and other members of the body of Christ, to rise up & take the world by storm in a "fearless /courageous " manner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and am so proud to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...