Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Call To Fight...

Last night CJ and I were talking with some friends about this spiritual revival that has taken over our lives,  and it made me start thinking about exactly what had changed in me. What was the breaking point for this breakthrough?? There was a miscarriage and then another miscarriage in a matter of months, friend drama, home drama, me drama... lots of drama... there were people speaking into my life and lots of self reflection. I think all of these things contributed to the change... but they didn't make the change... they didn't bring revival.

Revival came when I acknowledged that this journey is a battle I was willing to fight

I started fighting for my faith, fighting for my family, fighting for a life that is anything but stagnant and ordinary. I realized to have real breakthrough and serious transformation there could be no more sitting around waiting for life to happen to me. God showed me that HIS is an anointed fight... HIS is a battle we should all be up for... because HIS is the FIGHT that he has ordained for us all, from the beginning.

As this revival started to sprout in the depth of my darkest hours my eyes were opened to the heavy oppression and spirit of discouragement that filled our walls and covered our family. Like a mad woman I started rebuking the enemy first from my thoughts, then from my house and family. The verse of my soul was on my lips 24/7.

For God doesn't give us a spirit of fear or timidity, but of power, love and self control. 2 Timothy 1:7

I proclaimed these words over my household... mostly because it's one of the only verses I knew by heart, but hey it fit:) I knew that if the dark feelings of hopelessness, and discouragement weren't from God, they were from the enemy, and I wanted them gone. In the power of Christ's name and grace I rebuked the enemy and cast him from our house. I taught my boys in their fear to say the words, "In the name of Jesus Christ Get out of here devil!" and as they began to say them with power and joy it strengthened me.

This may sound a little hocus pocusy to some... but I could feel the oppression of the enemy lift as we rebuked him as a family. I could feel the contentment of living a life of survival start to disappear as we prayed consistently for the enemy to be bound. It's like scales were lifted from my eyes and a new passion and hunger for God was born in the depths of my guts!

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:11-13


As a new mission for my life is starting take form I know more important than any ministry or calling is fighting daily, hourly or even by the minute for my family against the enemy. I have accepted God's gift of the POWER of his GRACE and in doing that I have waged a war against the enemy. It's a war I am willing to fight, and it's a battle I will never back down from. These words are not written lightly, they come from the depths, I am a natural born fighter... HE put that in me. But now instead of fighting people and the strongholds of my own sin I will fight the great accuser, the deceiver... the evil one. I am waging a war to be fought with love, humility and grace, one that can only be won with power  that only comes with having faith in a loving, forgiving and merciful God. I will fight as an act of worship for HIM.

For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God. 
1John 5:4-5

5 comments:

  1. I love this Lindsay. So bold and so honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, you are both encouraging and inspiring...I think that we/I have to often let the fears & evils of this world squelch our/my spirit!! But, we are called by God to be salt & light to our brothers & sisters!! Thank you so much for sharing your "Fearless Experiment" for having the courage to share some of your most private battles!! You are so well representing your Lord & Savior and are helping so many others (myself included) to stand up and fight against fear & the evils of this world!! Thank you...thank you..thank you & GOD BLESS you beautiful!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the conviction in your words as I read this. So thankful to hear your faith pour through in everything thing you do. No, faith isn't something mistacle...faith comes by hearing the word of God!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You even look "somehow softer" nowadays. It is so wonderful of you to share your heart, and God's heart with us all--I also wish you joy, the deep down kinda joy God gives us every day, no matter what battles, fighting, being fierce 'n fearless are in your days. I pray you also get the everyday Philippians 4: 6-8 kind of joy and happy days dwelling on all the good stuff in God and life--to be able to dwell on those things also. Makes life fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...